Knitting

Last night I started the Handpaint Hat. Talk about an ordeal . . .

I started the hat using three strands of Cascade 220 and then switched to the Yukon as indicated in the pattern. About six rounds into the Yukon I realized that because although it is bulky it does not have the texture of the Point 5 recommended in the pattern and the garter stitch does not look right. I also realized the thee strands of Cascade 220 wasn’t quite bulky enough. I ripped out the whole thing and started over.

prisgauge

Four strands of Cascade 220 ended up being perfect and the stockinette stitch looks much better IMO. I’m about 40% done with the hat and I think I’ll be able to finish it tonight.

prishat
—————————————————————————-
Yup, I finished it! Here is a pic with Bug modeling it.

prishatdone

You can’t see it in this pic, but the top of the hat is the same color as the roll brim.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s