This morning I woke up and decided to make Daughter a dress for the Father – Daughter dance at her school tonight.Ã‚Â This is what things looked like at 10:40.
I had finished cutting it all out by 11:30.
I finished sewing it up except for the hem and tried it on Daughter, umm, I had forgotten the first rule of sewing . . . MEASURE THE FLAT PATTERN!Ã‚Â It was way too big.Ã‚Â I took in the sides shortened the hem and it was better.Ã‚Â The neckline still gapes a bit and I pinned her into the dress when she was getting ready so I could take up a bit of the fullness in the back.Ã‚Â I think I will resew the back seam and neck facing so it will fit properly, I don’t think there is anything I can do about the front.Ã‚Â I am not totally thrilled with the outcome, but most of my issues are with what I had to do to make it smaller, not necessarily the pattern it’s self.Ã‚Â I do thinkÃ‚Â she looked adorable going out the door to the tropical themed dance.
pattern:Ã‚Â McCall’s 3134, view A
fabric:Ã‚Â 1.5 yards cotton knit pique I received in a swap a year or two ago
start/finish:Ã‚Â March 4th
notes:Ã‚Â Always measure the pattern first!Ã‚Â Saves a lot of frustration.Ã‚Â I do like the pattern and I am sure I will make it again, I will fold out some of the fullness in the front and back next time, unless she has grown a LOT in the mean time.Ã‚Â