January was a month of small knitting projects, for the most part.Ã‚Â
- I started off the monthÃ‚Â by seaming up aÃ‚Â shrug that had been sittingÃ‚Â in my knitting basket for six months.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- 9 hats: 7 for the Dulaan Project, one for Bug and one for Hubby
- 1 skinny Noro scarf
- Tomten for the Dulaan Project
- 11 dishcloths; these are going to be set aside for teacher/bus driver gifts at the end of the school year
I forgot how much fun knitting dishcloths is.Ã‚Â I used several patterns including: Garterlac, the Ball Band Dishcloth from Mason-Dixon, Snowdrops and Lace Leaf from the Monthly Dishcloth KALÃ‚Â and a few 4 Corners Dishcloths from this pattern.Ã‚Â I made a couple of chages to the 4CDC; I didn’t slip the first stitchesÃ‚Â (it didn’t seemÃ‚Â necessary) and I went down to 3 stitches at the corners instead of 5.Ã‚Â The 4CDC is based on a baby blanket designed by Elizabeth Zimmerman and is a lot of fun to knit up.
Although I did make several yarn purchases in January, I did end up knitting up much more than I purchased (by 23 skeins!).Ã‚Â I have to credit a lot of that on the Tomten, garter stitch uses up more yarn than you think.
I have several projects still on the needles:Ã‚Â EZ baby sweater from Knitter’s Almanac . . . umm . . . that can’t be the only thing, but for the life of me I can’t think of what else.
Goals for February:
- learn to spin on the spinning wheel
- knit a blue sweater for Dulaan and Project Spectrum
- knit up a few more dishcloths and scrubbies
- knit at least one pair of socks