I’m between projects right now, and am not feeling inspired to start another project.
Okay, I still need to graft the underarms of the Saddle Shoulder Sweater, but, for all intents and purposes, I’m between projects.
Okay, okay, and the February Sweater is still only half finished, but I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t want/need to work on that right now.Ã‚Â
No, I ripped the Flower Basket Shawl, it isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t an WIP/UFO any more. =P
Last week I tried to knit a lace scarf. I say tried because I failed miserably. The pattern is the Trellis Scarf by Evelyn Clark from the Spring Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ06 IK. It is a lovely pattern, even with the 7 into 5 clusters, or maybe because of them. I made the mistake of trying to knit it with a hand painted yarn.Ã‚Â Lace = solid yarn. Ã‚Â I tried one yarn, then another, started the cast-on in a different place in the color pattern, changed needle size; nothing helped, it still pooled in an unappealing (to me) way. Shoot. I had imagined random pooling of purple in a sea of green, purple flowers on a vine covered trellis. Instead I ended up with zigzagging pools of purple and green. Yuck. Rip. Rip. Rip.
The picture was taken just after I had finished the edge chart.Ã‚Â I knit a full repeat of the body chart before deciding I didn’t like the pooling.
I think the problem is that I have to many projects I want to start, right now (in no particular order).
- Millie (Louisa Harding Bk 5) – I had planned on knitting this sweater for Bug from some Maggie’s Merino Aran, in a lovelyÃ‚Â sky blue, from my stash, but the more I thought about it the more IÃ‚Â figured Bug would prefer it in a more Ã¢â‚¬ËœgirleyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ color. So, I picked up some luscious pink Rowan Summer Tweed while at the LYS this week. Summer Tweed?! For a childÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s sweater?!! Yes, apparently, I am crazy.
- SkipperÃ‚Â (Louisa Harding Bk 5) for Bubba from theÃ‚Â Maggi’s Merino Aran I had originally planned for Millie (above).
- Swallowtail Shawl — I
wantneed to knit this shawl, but keep changing my mind about what yarn I want to use:Ã‚Â Misty Alpaca called for in the pattern, Sea Silk or something else from stash.
- Estonian Garden Shawl — the LYS has this one knitted up in Frog Tree Alpaca Sport, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s lovely. I have some Frog Tree in my stash, but not enough (short one skein), and I bought it longÃ‚Â enough ago that they no longer have the same dye lots/colors in stock.Ã‚Â If I wnat to knit this one I’ll have to buy new yarn.Ã‚Â Not what I was planning.
- EllenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Shawl — this is a shop pattern from my LYS, I originally bought the Sea Silk for this pattern, but now IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not sure if I want to use the Sea Silk for the Swallowtail Shawl.
- Socks –Ã‚Â to much sock yarn, need to knit socks, want to knit socks.
- Something for Dulaan — I still have quite a bit of the Dulaan Avalanche Yarn in my stash and there are a couple of patterns in The Yarn Girls’ Guide to Knits for Older Kids that I would like to try out. Dulaan knitting has become my fall-back knitting lately. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know what to knit – knit for Dulaan.
- Heartland Lace Shawl by Evelyn ClarkÃ‚Â from Wild Fibers Magazine — just waiting for the charts to be published on the website.
So much yarn, so little time.