I was tagged for 7 random things long ago, by at least two different people. Finally, here it is.
- I only have 9 toenails. In the 5th grade I had half of the little toe on my left foot surgically removed. They thought it might be bone cancer, it wasn’t.
- Hubby and I got married when I was 20 and he was 23. Everyone assumed I was knocked up, I wasn’t. In fact Bug wasn’t born until we had been married 9 years.
- My first car, a gift for my 16th birthday, was a bright orange 1973 VW Super Beetle. We had an open campus so my friends and I would all cram into the car and we would go to Dick’s on Broadway for lunch. We called it the Orange Crush, guess why. I miss that car.
- I am an only child, spoiled rotten. See #3.
- I lived in the same house my whole life. Well, until I moved in with Hubby when I was 18. My parents still live in that same house, oh, and they’re still married, 45yrs.
- I really dislike spiders. No, hate them. As long as they stay outside, where they belong, I’m fine. Inside the house and I’ve been known to freak out a bit, including, but not limited to screeching and, G-d forbid, should they actually make contact with me, crying. Hubby is good about removing them from the house without killing them. I don’t want them dead. I just don’t want them in my house.
- My nose is pierced. I had it done when I was 20-something. My cousin asked if it made it hard to pick my nose . . . he was 40ish at the time. sigh
My daughter just got out of bed and asked me, with tears in her eyes, if I would home school her next year because she is afraid one boy in her class will tease me and push me and be mean to me, just like last year. I assured her that he WILL NOT be doing any of that. If it happens this year, the teacher and school staff are going to get to know me very well, and they may not like it. We may end up home schooling her after all.